JUST LIKE HOW YOUR MOM MAKES THEM
Every holiday this is our go-to cookie. We absolutely love the Hershey Kiss and peanut butter combination. It’s perfect and easy.
The hardest part of baking these is not eating all of the kisses before they are done.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Servings: makes 4 dozen cookies
1 3/4 cups – All purpose flour
1/2 cup– Sugar
1/2 cup- Brown sugar (packed firmly)
1 teaspoon- Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon– Salt
1/2 cup- Shortening
1/2 cup- Peanut Butter
2 tablespoons- Milk
1 teaspoon- Vanilla
48- Hershey Kisses
This is how we do it…
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large bowl combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, shortening, peanut butter, milk, vanilla, and egg.
- Mix at a low speed until stiff dough forms.
- Sprinkle sugar on a plate.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the sugar.
- Stick those bad boys on the cookie sheet (ungreased) about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once done immediately put a Hershey Kiss on top of each cookie, and press down firmly. The cookie should crack around the edge.