SNACK OF THE GODS
Who doesn’t love the taste of puppy chow? If you ask anyone who knows me what my favorite go to snack is they will say it’s this delicious dish. And what’s not to love about it? It’s fast, easy, cheap, and a party favorite.
If you have never experienced puppy chow get your pot and spoon out and let’s go. You are in for a real treat my friends. A real treat.
Prep time: 2 minutes-ish
Cook Time: 5 minutes-ish
Servings: Around 10.
I could eat the whole bowl myself, so could also be 1.
It’s. That. Good.
1 stick butter –I use unsalted.
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar- You can add more. I like mine a little gooey and less powdered sugar.
8 cups Chex mix cereal –You can also use rice Chex mix cereal.
This is how we do it…
- First thing is first- make sure you have everything. I don’t know how many times I have started on something just to realize I don’t have an ingredient. When you are hankering for this delightful treat not having butter will really ruin your day folks.
- In a large pot melt the butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter on medium to low heat. (Don’t burn or get it too hot- just to where it’s melted. If you over do it it will get thick and lumpy.)
- Turn off the heat and let the chocolate cool slightly. Then add in your Chex cereal. Stir it all together. (This is a good taste testing point)
- Measure out your powdered sugar and add it to a large bowl that has a lid.
- Add your mixture from the pot to the bowl with powdered sugar.
- Stick that lid on there and shake like crazy. Well not crazy, but you can have fun with it. The more you shake it the better the powdered sugar will cover the mix.
- Open the lid and look at the best thing you have seen all day. If you want to add more powdered sugar you can. I personally like to have mine a little gooey.